You are here
The purpose of the Lincoln Lawrence Franklin Regional Library is to provide library service to all citizens of Lincoln Lawrence and Franklin Counties. The library's primary thrust is education, particularly self-education, but it will supply recreational materials as well.
Materials deemed appropriate for the library include but are not limited to printed material in any form, recordings (audio and video), photographs, documents of historical interest, technological resources, children's materials and adult materials.
The library will engage in a limited amount of educational programming, with emphasis on children's work.
History of the Library
Our library began in 1906 as a subscription library for Brookhaven. Dues were $2 per year. On September 4, 1906 there were 60 members. The library was housed in rooms above Brookhaven Bank. Furniture was provided by a combined effort of many Brookhaven clubs. The first volunteer librarian was Mrs. F.H. Hartman. In 1909 she was succeeded by Mrs. M. Lewenthal.
When the city hall was built in 1910, a large room and office were included for the library where the chamber director’s office and board room now are. Next time you are there...continue reading
- Collection Development Policy 2016
- Digital Reproduction Policy 2016
- Display Policy 2013
- Emergency Preparedness and Security Plan 2017
- Employee Glossary 2010
- Employee Guide 2010
- Gift Policy 2010
- Internet Access Policy 2016
- Internet Access Policy Compliance Form 2010
- Internet Access Safety Policy 2015
- Meeting Room Policy
- Public Access to Information 2017
- Request for Reconsiderations of Library Material Policy 2010
- Unattended Children Policy 2010