You are here
- The meeting room may be used for civic, educational, and cultural group meetings. Library and library-related activities will take precedence over other uses of the meeting room.
- Admission fees may not be charged. Any other fees must have the librarian’s approval. The library reserves the right to charge a fee for use of the meeting room.
- Permission to use the meeting room does not constitute an endorsement of the group or the group’s purposes by the library or the library board of trustees.
- Applications should be made at least one week prior to the meeting date. Requests will be considered in the order received.
- Applicants are required to sign the meeting room agreement policy. The applicant will be held responsible for conduct during the meeting and care of the facilities.
- All library furniture must be returned to its assigned place in storage following the meeting. The applicant will pay for janitorial services and any damages, if applicable. If all library furniture is not returned to the assigned storage place and condition, the applicant will be charged a $40 deposit for all subsequent use of the meeting room. The $40 deposit will be returned to applicant once the meeting room is in prime condition based on the meeting room checklist; however, the $40 deposit will not be returned if the meeting room checklist is not completed.
- Applicants must sign-in at the front desk for their reservation. Once the meeting room checklist is completed, the applicants must sign-out at the front desk and let staff know how many persons attended the function.
- All programs and activities must be open to the public. Children’s groups (17 and under) must be sponsored and supervised by an adult.
- Groups may not hold consecutive meetings in the library.
- Unless approved by a library staff member, receptions may only be set up 2 hours prior to event. Setup and breakdown times, if needed, must be included as part of the timeslot requested for the reservation in order to prevent a conflict with another party’s reservations.
- The library is not responsible for property or equipment belonging to a group or group member. Group property may not be stored at the library. Any belongings left at the library will be discarded. Arrangements must be made in advance for the use of library equipment.
- Light refreshments may be served.
CHECKLIST FOR MEETING ROOM INSPECTION
The storage room is set-up specifically per the Fire Marshall orders.
Please follow the checklist to insure safety of yourself and others.
- Place furniture back in storage closet in its designated spot.
- Easels—break down and return to designated spot in storage closet.
- Sweep floors.
- Dispose of all garbage in dumpster outside the library.
- Wash and store kitchenware used.
- Check that oven is off.
- Return any technological equipment borrowed to the circulation desk.
*Remember, if meeting room is not returned to its initial state, the applicant (group) will be charged a $40 deposit for subsequent use of the meeting room.
Lincoln Lawrence Franklin Regional