You are here
I - Logo
- The marketing plan for the Lincoln Lawrence Franklin Regional library will be focused on the creation and employment of a new library logo.
- The library shall create a “brand identity” for itself through the logo and consistency in all publications, promotions and marketing efforts.
- A marketing consulting grant has been used to hire the Cirlot Agency to work with the library to create the logo and begin planning use.
II - Promotional and professional items. The logo will be used to brand as many library productions as possible.
- Business Cards.
- The library shall supply business cards for the Director and Administrative Librarian. In addition to the logo, the cards will contain the library name, multiple contact information including web page and e-mail addresses, the administrator’s name and title, and other information.
- In addition to the business cards for the Director and Administrative Librarian, the library may produce generic business cards with all information except employee name and title for use by other staff members.
- Business cards shall present the library in a positive and professional light.
- The library shall produce a weblog newsletter (“blog”) available on the library’s web site and/or distributed through email (rss feed).
- At the board’s discretion, the newsletter may also be distributed in hard copy in the library or other venues and/or mailed.
- The newsletter shall feature the library logo prominently and include information about the library and library activities.
- The newsletter shall present the library in a positive and professional light.
- Library staff may produce fliers and other promotional material as needed to inform library users.
- Handouts shall include the library logo and present the library in a positive and professional light.
- Bookmarks may be prepared promoting library activities, programs or other information.
- Bookmarks containing booklists of interest to patrons may be produced.
- All bookmarks will feature the library logo and present the library in a positive and professional light.
- Library letterhead shall be supplied, digitally or otherwise, for official use by approved library staff.
- The letterhead will feature the library logo and present the library in a positive and professional light.
- Posters & Signs.
- Promotional material will be produced for general library promotion and library activities and events.
- Promotional materials may be produced in hard copy, posted on the library website, e-mailed or distributed otherwise.
- Promotional materials must feature the library logo and present the library in a positive and professional light.
- Materials displayed within and outside system libraries.
- Library staff will display promotional material through many means to keep the community informed about the library.
- Any promotional material displayed within library buildings, on the library web site, at other locations, or distributed in any way will feature the library logo and present the library in a positive and professional light.
III - Library Signage.
- Directional signage will be implemented within all branches to aid patrons in using the library.
- Signage will be consistent and professional in appearance.
- Each library location’s needs will be assessed periodically to provide the best possible use of signage.
- Each library will work with its local authorities to provide directional signage within its community for visitors trying to locate the library.
IV - Publicity.
- The library shall promote its mission, activities and events through many channels.
- Press releases shall present a professional appearance and present the library in a positive light.
- Press releases will be submitted in the format preferred by the media outlet.
- Library staff will present the library in a professional and positive light in any interactions.
V - Community Relations.
- Library staff members, with the approval of the director, shall take every opportunity to spread the library’s message in the community.
- Library staff will address civic and social clubs and organizations, political funding bodies, public events and other gatherings.
- Library staff will always present the library in a professional and positive light.