You are here
- The Lincoln Lawrence Franklin Regional Lrbrary shall be organizedunder the laws of the State of Mississippi (Mississippi Code 1972 Title 39; 39-3-9) according to the principles and practices of good public library service.
- Management and control of the Lincoln Lawrence Franklin Regional Library shall be the Lincoln Lawrence Franklin Regional Library Board of Trustees. Regional board members are selected by each county library board according to this formula:
- Lincoln County: Three (3) representatives
- Lawrence County: One (1) representative
- Franklin County: One (1) representative
County library boards shall consist of five (5) members legally appointed for five (5) year staggered terms as provided in 39-3-15, Mississippi Code of 1972.
- The specific duties and responsibilities of the Regional Library Board shall be coincident with those ascribed to in Section 39-3-17, Mississippi Code of 1972. These shall include the responsibility to:
- Determine policy for all member libraries.
- Approve director's recommendation for employees.
- Obtain funding and facilities recommended by director.
- Support government and civil programs which will benefit libraries.
- It is the aim of the Regional Ltbrary Board to ensure that services and operation of all member libraries are the best that can be economically provided.
- The primary purpose of the Lincoln Lawrence Franklin Regional Library is to provide educational and recreational opportunities through library material and services to the people of Lincoln, Lawrence and Franklin Counties.
- The fiscal year of the library shall be October 1 to September 30.
- The county library boards shall present an annual report and a request for funding to appropriate bodies.
- The Lincoln Lawrence Franklin Regional Library Board of trustees shall have four (4) scheduled meetings per year. County boards may set their own frequency of meetings.
- Special meetings of any board may be held at any time at the call of the Chairman and any two (2) members.
- A quorum shall consist of three (3) or more members.
- Regional officers shall include Chairman and Vice Chairman. The Library Director shall serve as Secretary. County officers shall include Chairman and Vice Chairman. The County Librarian shall serve as Secretary.
- Assignment of special duties shall be made by the Chairman with the board's approval.
- Parliamentary procedures shall follow Robert's Rules of Order.
- The Lincoln Lawrence Franklin Regional Library Board of Trustees shall select a Director to carry out its policies.
- Amendments to these rules may be proposed at any regular meeting and passed with a majority vote. Any of these rules may be suspended for the duration of one (1) meetingby apnanimous vote of all members present.
- These bylaws shall supersede all previous bylaws of the regional or county library boards.