Skip to main content
You are here
- Mrs. Versie (Janine) Adams Interviewed March 16, 1999 Subject: World War II war bride from Belgium.
- F. F. Becker Interviewed August 22, 1991 Subject: Banking.
- Mr. & Mrs. Jasper Benoit Becker Interviewed August 19 and September 11, 1986 Subject: Brookhaven history.
- Mr. C. C. Clark Interviewed May 2, 1977 Subject: Ruth Community (Lincoln County, MS), farming, cotton gin.
- Sara Jane Craig Interviewed April 21, 1977 Subject: Home Economist for Lincoln County, mattress-making, canning, Home Demonstration Clubs.
- William F. Crawford Interviewed July 2, 1996 Subject: Architecture and local history.
- Alma S. Durr Interviewed March 5, 1977 Subject: farming in Caseyville (West Lincoln County), Home Demonstration Club travels.
- Mrs. Eva Harris Interviewed July 1987 Subject: Education.
- Charles Jacobs Interviewed December 11, 1991 Subject: Newspaper Publishing.
- Sam Jones Interviewed February 18, 1989 Subject: Brookhaven, African-Americans in the 1920's, Father's term as mayor (late 1920's), Humorous reminiscences.
- Thomas Lynwood Moak Interviewed March 5, 1987 Subject: Logging and lumber industry.
- Chuck Nelms Interviewed February 4, 1991 Subject: Integration at the University of Mississippi.
- Mrs. Anna Byrd Phillips Interviewed September 27, 1977 Subject: Whitworth College.
- Jasper Vincent Phillips Interviewed September 1977 Subject: Brookhaven Pressed Brick and Tile Company.
- Jack Seavey Interviewed November 15, 1990 Subject: Local Architecture.
- Colon Floyd Benson (pdf) Interviewed June 6, 1977 Subject: Life in Lawrence County, MS.
- (Rev.) Lessie Senior Butler (pdf) Interviewed July 27, 2977 Subject: Black community in Lawrence County, MS; school games; celebrations; mother's wages; black churches; funerals, wakes, body preparation, etc.; 1929 Depression; Slavery; Ku Klux Klan; sample sermon and hymn.
- James Woodard Carraway (pdf) Interviewed June 22, 1977 Subject: History of St. Regis - Ferguson Paper Mill in Lawrence County, MS.
- Steve Denson Cliburn, Sr. (pdf) Interviewed April 10, 1977 Subject: Great Southern Lumber Company; Camp Shelby; Blacksmithing (Farrier) in Lawrence County, MS.
- Malcolm Steel Dale (pdf) Interviewed May 13, 1977 Subject: History of the Lawrence County Press; Different types of Printing and Presses used; Area publishing; Printing Processes; Reporting.
- Peggie Smith Holloway Daughtry (pdf) Interviewed April 13, 1977 Subject: Life in Lawrence County, MS; The Quarters; Superstitions; Brush arbor; Ghost stories; Songs; Weather signs; Medicine.
- Mrs. Josie Mae Smith Foster (pdf) Interviewed March 16, 1977 Subject: Communities of Sontag, Nola, and Tryus in Lawrence County, MS; people, places, and events.
- (Mrs. John David) Ruth S. Gillespie (pdf) Subject: Life in Lawrence County, MS; college life in the early nineteen hundreds.
- Abner Clinton Hedgepeth (pdf) Interviewed March 23, 1977 Subject: The Lumber Industry in Lawrence County, MS.
- Mrs. Estelle B. Jobron (pdf) Interviewed June 1, 1977 Subject: Life in Silver Creek, MS; Ferry operation on the Pearl River.
- Mamie Rebecca Johnston (pdf) Interviewed June 29, 2977 Subject: Life in Lawrence County, MS; spinning thread; playing "straws" on the violin; weaving on a loom.
- (Mary) Maud Hill Lambert (pdf) Interviewed March 9, 1977 Subject: Life in Lawrence County, MS; collecting antiques; travel by ox wagon.
- A. P. Smith (pdf) Interviewed August 23, 1978 Subject: Development of the Lawrence County School System, Development of State School Transportation Department.
- Henry Ervin Reid (pdf) Interviewed August 23, 1977 Subject: The logging industry and county supervisor's responsibilities in Lawrence Co., MS.
- Mrs. Aughty Hite Smith (pdf) Interviewed January 26, 1977 Subject: Life on the Farm in Lawrence County, MS.
- Effie Lee Williams (pdf) Interviewed June 26, 1977 Subject: Life in Lawrence County, MS; Weather signs and superstitions.