You are here
- If your patrons have never installed Axis 360 on their Kindle Fire device, they can access the app from the Amazon App Store by first tapping on Apps.
- Tap Store to open the Amazon App Store.
- Tap the Magnifying Glass.
- Enter Axis 360 in the Search field and then press Enter (or similar, depending on your model) on your Kindle Fire keyboard.
- Select the Axis 360 app icon on the Search Results page.
- Tap GET.
- The app will begin to install. Tap OPEN once the app has completed installation.
Log in and begin reading!
Please note that some patrons may have multiple applications running in the background, which could cause an issue with memory. The Axis 360 app will not open if too many apps are running in the background. Patrons should close these running apps in order to successfully open the Axis 360 mobile app. Please consult the help associated with your Kindle Fire model to determine how to close apps that are running in the background.
Note: Owners of 5th generation Kindle Fire devices must still side-load the app for the present time. Instructions can be found via this page.
Existing patrons should uninstall the side-loaded Axis 360 app from their Kindle before installing the app from the App Store. Please consult your Kindle Fire’s help documentation to determine how to uninstall apps, as the process is different for each generation. Once the sideloaded app has been removed from the Kindle, follow the instructions above to install the app!