Lincoln Lawrence Franklin Regional Library
Computer/Internet Use Agreement and Policy
By Clicking the AGREE Button, you are agreeing to the following Policy. Wireless users who bring their own devices are also agreeing to LLF’s Computer/Internet Policy when they log on to LLF’s network. LLF complies with CIPA (Children’s Internet Protection Act). All Internet connections, whether wired or wireless are filtered. However, filters do not and cannot catch all objectionable content.
1) Residents must have a library card. Residents of Lincoln, Lawrence & Franklin counties must apply for a card if they do not have a current one. A one-day guest pass (60 minutes) will be issued to out-of-area visitors.
2) If there are fines or overdue materials on your Library account, you will be blocked from checking out a computer until the fine is paid and/or the materials returned.
3) Residents are limited to a maximum of 180 minutes (3 hours) per day. At the Library Staff’s discretion, priority may be given to students doing homework or online classes.
4) Users, whether wireless or wired, agree to not engage in any activity that violates this policy, including but not limited to, viewing pornography (nudity, sexually explicit content), viewing content harmful to minors, promoting illegal activities, obscenity or engaging in computer fraud. Patrons caught violating this policy may have their computer privileges revoked and face criminal penalties. Viewing Child Pornography is a criminal activity that will be reported to the Police. (See full policy and Mississippi Code 1972 Annotated 97-5-27, 97-5-29, 97-45-3).
5) Children 12 and under must have a parent/legal guardian present at the computer. Parents/guardians must read the Safe Internet Policy and should educate their minor children on safe Internet usage, particularly giving out personal information.
6) You agree to not engage in any activity that could harm or disable the computer, software on the computer, or the security in place. Hacking, changing settings, altering files, or downloading software is not permitted. Violations will result in loss of privileges and possible prosecution (see full policy and MS Code 1972 Annotated 97-45-7).
7) Users may not save to the hard drive on LLF computers. A flash drive may be used.
8) EnvisionWare will monitor the timed sessions and shut down at the end of the session. Users may request to extend the current session if there is no one waiting for the computer. However, if directed by a staff member to relinquish the computer, the user must do so.
9) EnvisionWare also monitors printing and will hold prints in a queue for a period of time until paid. Prints are black & white only for $.10 per page. In the event that any printing generated by the user is printed, the user must pay for the prints.
10)Only one person is permitted to sit at a computer, unless permission is granted by Library Staff. Eating and drinking are not permitted.
11)Users are not to engage in any activity that will disturb other computer users. This includes, but not limited to, playing sound without headphones (available for sale at the circulation desk), talking on cell phone calls (calls should be taken outside unless it is necessary to complete an assignment on the computer), talking to other patrons, etc. Disturbances of any nature will be dealt with by staff. Depending on the severity, staff may issue warnings, ask patrons to leave, or call the police.
12) Remember that while you are visiting or talking, your minutes on the computer are ticking down. Don’t waste your time. If you vacate a computer for more than 5 minutes, the staff may close your session and assign the computer to the next waiting patron.
13) Public computers will automatically shut down 10 minutes before closing.